Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2016

I'm talking about depression and its something we all need to talk more about, for too long people have suffered in silence and its not right and as hard as it is to talk about it, it genuinely does help

Doug Leddin el miércoles It's not often I post something too serious on Social Media and I'm not sure this is the right thing to do and to be honest i'm nervous as hell writing this status but I hope it helps others and I hope you can share this if you think it will help someone. There is something I have wanted to get off my chest for a long time, 10 years in fact. This will come as a surprise to some of my closest friends who I just couldn't talk to for fear of loosing them or not being accepted. ... But after a lot of thought and consideration I decided to make a video to lift this burden off my shoulders and to share my experiences with you. I'm talking about depression and its something we all need to talk more about, for too long people have suffered in silence and its not right and as hard as it is to talk about it, it genuinely does help. Im not saying that by opening up to your friends, family, colleagues or even teammates that it will make everything ok, but it will certainly help. To my best friends I have to say sorry, sorry for not having the courage to do this sooner. To my family, thank you for the support over the past 10 years. I'm now 27 and in a much better place in my life. I have spent years in and out of doctors, John of Gods and various other places getting help since the age of 16. It was a dark place and I suffered alone and I shouldn't have. The past year have been much better and i'm thankfully in a place now that I feel comfortable sharing this and although I wish it didn't take me this long to open up it did and I cant change that but hopefully I can encourage a few others to do the same. I suppose the reason I'm doing this is to try encourage others to speak about their mental health issues with family, friends or even organisations. If you think this could help someone please feel free to share it. Together we can beat the stigma associated with mental health, an issue that is on the rise with people of our generation. Just remember you are not alone! If anyone needs to talk to anyone there are plenty of organisations out there that can help: Console Ireland Pieta House, Preventing Suicide and Self Harm SpunOut.ie Aware Reach Out Ireland Samaritans Ireland A Lust For Life Possibly the most nerve wrecking thing I have ever done is writing this and clicking "Post". Thanks to Gerard Walsh for making this video for me, A true legend and a great friend! 13 de abril · Editadohttps://www.facebook.com/dougleddin/videos/10153653901663920/ A Tadhgcole Karen, Tracy Jones, Brenda Clery y 36 699 personas más les gusta esto. 1156 comentarios 21 412 veces compartido Comentarios 6 de 1156 Ver comentarios anteriores Mickey Coleman Mickey Coleman Your a powerful man thanks for this Hace 2 horas Ver más EN VERNE DE EL PAIS ES ... Leddin : No suelo publicar a menudo cosas tan serias en las redes sociales y no estoy seguro de que esto sea lo mejor. La verdad es que estoy muy nervioso escribiendo esto, pero espero que pueda ayudar a otros y que podáis compartirlo si creéis que puede ser de ayuda a alguien. Hay algo en mi interior de lo que me he querido deshacer desde hace mucho tiempo, 10 años para ser exactos. Algo que va a sorprender a algunos de mis amigos más cercanos a quienes no he podido contárselo solo por miedo a perderlos o a no ser aceptado. Pero después de pensarlo y valorarlo mucho he decidido hacer este vídeo para quitarme este peso de encima y compartir mis experiencias con vosotros. Me estoy refiriendo a la depresión y es algo sobre lo que necesitamos hablar más. Durante mucho tiempo la gente ha sufrido en silencio y no está bien; es cierto que cuesta mucho hablar de ello, pero cuando se hace es de gran ayuda. Y con esto no estoy diciendo que abrirte a tus amigos, familia, colegas de trabajo o incluso tus compañeros de equipo, lo arregle todo, pero desde luego que ayudará. A mis mejores amigos debo pedirles disculpas. Perdón por no haber tenido la valentía de hacer esto antes. A mi familia, gracias por vuestra ayuda durante los últimos 10 años. Tengo ahora 27 años y estoy en un momento de mi vida mucho mejor. He pasado años entrando y saliendo de médicos, del hospital John of God y muchos otros lugares en los que me han ayudado desde que tenía 16 años. Fue un lugar oscuro, sufrí solo y no debería haberlo hecho. El último año ha sido mucho mejor y, por suerte, estoy en un momento en el que me siento cómodo compartiendo esto. Aunque me hubiera gustado que no me llevase tanto tiempo hacerlo ya no puedo cambiarlo, así que espero que pueda ayudar a otros a hacer lo mismo. Supongo que hago esto para animar a otros a hablar sobre sus problemas mentales con su familia, amigos u organizaciones. Si creéis que puede ayudar a alguien, por favor, sentíos libres de compartirlo. Juntos podemos ayudar a vencer el estigma asociado a las enfermedades mentales, un asunto que va en aumento entre la gente de nuestra generación. ¡Solo recordad que no estáis solos! Si alguien necesita ayuda hay muchísimas organizaciones que están ahí para ayudar. Escribir esto y hacer clic en el botón de publicar es, posiblemente, lo más estresante que he hecho nunca. ¡Gracias a Gerald Walsh por hacer este vídeo para mí. Un gran y fiel amigo!verne de el pais es----- http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_384,w_512/t_mp_quality_gif/afa0ej8xmqqh1ekrcg2e/pulp-fiction-vincent-vega-memes-have-the-internet-cracking-up-742226.gif